CNN.com - Politics

Monday, September 10, 2007

Don't Just Vote Blue, Act Blue

Never under estimate the power of the masses. I finally got a little money in my account again, so I donated to the candidates in my Act Blue page. The races I'm highlighting there are two seats in my home state of Michigan, U.S. House districts MI-07 and MI-09, featuring Democrats Mark Schauer and Gary Peters, respectively. Also, I have Al Franken, who is running in a Democratic primary to be the challenger for the MN-Sen seat, and Barack Obama, democratic presidential contender. If donating to Mark Schauer before the primary is decided makes you iffy, donate to the MI-07 Democratic Nominee Fund.

Contributions don't need to be large. I plan on periodically giving a few bucks plus spare change in my account. Who knows, maybe if I get excited enough for the candidates, I might sell some of my stuff on eBay, with the proceeds going to Mark Schauer or Barack Obama. Hmmm, sell a llama for Obama... good idea.

Catch you later.

No comments: